Friday, November 19, 2010

Papyrus

The changing of season from Summer to Fall is undeniably one of the best times of year.  The brilliant colors that make up our landscape is adored by many and creative inspiration is amplified.  After collecting fallen leaves in various colors, I sliced them into thin strips and arranged them into  linear and grid compositions to incorporate in my handmade paper.  On some trials the leaves bled into my paper while drying but here are four pieces - measuring 4"x6" - which I think were pretty successful.

Papermaking is super easy and a very relaxing process; it pretty much consumed me for the last two days and I'll be experimenting with more materials and shapes in the near future for sure. This website provides a good tutorial: Papermaking at home.






No comments:

Post a Comment